|Weekly Hours||2 Week Session||Weekly Hours||2 Week Session|
|2020 Important Dates
|August 17th||First Day of Classes|
|September 7th||Labor Day-Class make-up TBD|
|October 10th||Last Day of First Session|
|October 12th||First Day of 2nd Session|
|November 26th-27th||Thanksgiving Day/Day After-Class make-up TBD|
|December 12th||Last Day of 2nd Session|
|December 14th - January 4th||Holiday Break|
|January 4th||First day of 3rd Session|
|March 6th||Last Day of 3rd Session|
|March 8th||First Day of 4th Session|
|March 22nd-April 3rd||Spring Break|
|May 22nd||Last Day of 4th Session|
|We do not observe school holidays. All other studio closings(snow days, cold days etc) will be issued make-ups and announced via email when applicable.|
DSDS SAFETY GUIDELINES
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- Arrive at DSDS dressed and ready to dance.
- If you arrive prior to your class time, please wait in your car to avoid crowds and
congestion. We have added a 10 minute gap between classes to allow for social distancing
- Lobby and halls will be monitored by staff to insure social distancing during class transitions
- Dancers who have a break between classes will need to wait in their assigned areas and
social distancing rules will apply.
- Staff will sanitize each studio in between classes.
- STUDIO 1 OR MAIN OFFICE-Dancers enter/exit through the main studio door(purple awning)
- STUDIO 2-Dancers enter/exit through door facing Route 22
- STUDIO 3-Dancers enter through front door/exit through rear door
- Lobbies are closed to anyone other that staff, students or parents with administrative
business or need of retail items(Studio 1 only).
- Parents of younger dancers are encouraged to attach to their dancers bag a contact
number in case dancer has any separation or behavior issues.
- Anyone entering the studio MUST wear a mask(except those 4 years of age and younger)
- All dancers 5 and up must wear masks at all times(with frequent mask breaks taken during classes)
- Staff will be in masks at all times
- Dancers will have assigned spaces in class/hallway to put any personal items
- Only one dancer at a time will be permitted to go to the restroom
- Class formats will be modified to remove any activity that would require contact between
- Any dancer who cannot follow the social distancing guidelines will be asked to leave the
- Parents are asked to screen their own dancers for COVID-19 or other transmissible disease symptoms
- Anyone with a cough, difficulty breathing or fever greater than 100.4 should NOT come to class.
- Anyone who has been with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days should not come to class.
- We ask families to follow all local guidelines regarding travel quarantines.
MAKE UP CLASSES
- Make up classes must be scheduled in advance.
- If in-studio space in unavailable due to social distancing requirements and room capacity
make-ups can be done on Zoom.
- ALL Make-up classes must be done in the current session.
Denise Sabala Dance Studios
Description of Class Levels and Classes
|Level 1 = Beginner/7-11
Level 2 = Intermediate/9-12
Level 3 = Advanced Intermediate/10-14
Level 4 = Advanced/14-18
Tumbling Levels based on skills
Technique class covering barre and center floor work, combinations and routines. Ballet is the foundation.
Combination of jazz technique and street funk movements. Many of these movements are seen in music videos.
Technique class including warm-up stretches, techniques across the floor, combinations and routines.
These classes are based on a strong ballet background. Movements are executed to lyrical music with a strong jazz flare.
These classes incorporate a variety of techniques that focus on correct alignment, fall, recovery, centering and proper articulations through warm-up exercises, center floor work and larger locomotors combinations, and newer philosophies of movement that depart from classical dance techniques.
Musical Theater (including Jazz technique):
These classes are based on Broadway Musical Theater Productions. Technique, style, and routines will be covered. Acting & Theater Production study included.
Tap technique and combinations.
Description of Combination Classes
~Please use age and experience as a “guideline” or Teacher Recommendation.
Combo 3-4 (ages 3-4) Tap/Pre-Ballet/Tumbling
A one hour combination class ~ Black tap shoes and pink ballet shoes required.
Combo 5-6 (ages 5-6) Tap/Ballet/Jazz-Hip Hop
A one hour combination class ~ students should have at least 1 -3 years experience. Black tap shoes, pink ballet shoes, jazz shoes optional.
Combo 6-7 (ages 6-7) Tap/Ballet/Jazz-Hip Hop
A one hour combination class ~ students should have at least 4 years experience. Black tap shoes, pink ballet shoes, jazz shoes optional.